Friday, April 24, 2009

Bassooning


So today marks the year anniversary of my concerto performance at Utah State. Since I didn't have a blog back then, I thought I'd post some photos from it now. Yes, I'm still that proud of it. Sadly, the only photos I had were online on Snapfish. When I downloaded them to my computer they were only an inch tall and I can't make them bigger for the blog. So, the photos are a no go. I also don't have a recording to post. Still waiting on that one.... But here's my nice bassooning mug shot. To celebrate this anniversary I'm playing tonight in a community orchestra concert in Halifax while mourning the loss of my good sound and technique of a year ago.... My regular bassoon playing is definitely what I miss most from my pre-baby days. Hopefully I'll get it back way down the road when my kid days are over.

8 comments:

  1. I didn't even know you played, that's awesome! Good luck playing tonight, where are you playing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I had only known, I would have come support you! That is so cool. You will have to tell me more about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't know that you played! Hopefully you can keep up the practicing now that Ryan's a bit bigger. Hopefully I'll get to hear you play someday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds neat, you are quite the accomplished musician. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Concerto Concert Anniversary. You were so great that night! I definitely know the frustrations of not being what you were... Has Ryan taken to your music?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sarah you are such a talented lady. Once Ryan is a bit older, he'll love to have you play for him. You are blessed to have talents to share with your kids. So far the only "talents" I have passed on to my kids are staring and people and a love for cookies.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck with the concert. Michelle and I thought you did "AWESOME" last year. What a fun and unique gift! Hope you guys are doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have NEVER heard you play and I want to so bad. I've heard great things from our Aunts though.
    Miss you!

    ReplyDelete