Here Anne welcomed us to PEI--the first place you reach on the island. :)
Before leaving PEI we all got our pictures taken as Anne. Even the baby (6 mo. belly) had a turn. Honestly, after we finished our silly plan and I saw the pictures of my Anne belly I laughed so hard I peed my pants...

Sisters Shot--a view from the first cottage we stayed at by Chelton Beach.

This was the Greenwich Dunes trail. Greenwich was probably my favorite part of PEI. The dunes were amazing (way better than the main section of the PEI national park) and the trail was super fun with a long floating boardwalk (at least Ryan thought it was awesome...I got rather nauseous on it!).
We loved walking along the beach at the end of the Dunes trail. Ryan had some great naked time and loved being in the water with Grandma & Aunt Tina.

The PEI countryside is absolutely gorgeous--just gorgeous. We loved the potato fields with potatoes just starting to bud, and especially the purple lupines all along the highways.

When we got back from PEI we got to spend Canada Day together as a family. We went to the Citadel and had fun dressing up in soldier's attire.


Here's a sisters pic at Duncan's Cove, one of our favorite places nearby to go hiking. We've been there a dozen times, I'm sure.

I took my mom and Becky to Blomidon, a fun provincial park where you can observe the tidal differences in the Bay of Fundy. We spent about 2 hours on the beach and watched the tide come in. Becky and I stood in the water to time it's rise. It went from barely touching my feet to being above my knees in about 10 minutes. Pretty neato. :)
It was so fun to share PEI & some new Nova Scotia spots with my family and we soaked up the girl time. Thanks Mom, Becky, and Tina for a fantastic vacation. We'll have to do it again in a few years!

Holy cow! I didn't even know you could go to Prince Edward Island!! Now I want to go! I LOVE Anne of Green Gables!
ReplyDeleteI'm SOOOOO glad you guys got to do your Anne trip! Fun! Oh, and if you have a girl, you'll have to include Anne in her name somewhere. :) That belly pic is hilarious! You are so silly.
ReplyDelete