Here's a bit of what we've been up to this month:
Early in the month a sweet friend offered to loan Ryan some new toys to keep him busy while I wasn't feeling well. How did I never think to ask? This train track / conductor hat kept Ryan occupied through pretty much all of General Conference. Great!

About a week ago we had a sunny day and had to take advantage of the chance to get out of the house. Unfortunately the sun was deceiving... It was still only 2 degrees with a "feels like" temperature of -3. Thus we bundled up tightly and wore sunglasses. :) Ryan insisted on taking his dog Rufus for a stroll. It was really quite cute. He led me directly to the Bulk Barn (this kid KNOWS his way around, I'm telling you) to ask for "just a little treat"...
I took Ryan to the Discovery Center for a whole day while Adam was studying. He had a blast and kept mostly to himself playing while I caught up on some reading.
A surprise package from Grandpa Thompson came in the mail on Friday. Boy was Ryan thrilled to put on his new racing jacket! "It's a big, awesome, Formula 1, Ferrari RACE CAR jacket!" (I thought of Phil & Sonja...)
Even though Adam's been stressed out with finals, he PROMISED to make time on Good Friday for us to dye eggs together. We had a fun family time.
Here's Ryan with his "CHEE" face, showing off his Easter loot--a few candies, some little animals, and some squishy dinosaur toys.
As for me, the nasty episode count I referred to previously has only risen to 165. Definitely slowing down. :) One morning this week I even felt NORMAL, not just decent, and I exercised for the first time in months. A very good day.
Adam's still studying like crazy and has 4 more finals to go before he's done with classes for the year. Then he just has clinic for the summer and he gets a few days off here and there. Wahoo!





that Ryan is too cute. We will dearly miss you guys! (my heart is breaking as I think about it). I love hearing all of the cute things Ryan says. looks like a lot of fun activities in April!
ReplyDeleteawesome jacket! I will have to show Phil!
ReplyDelete