This week I was looking at a lovely painting of Mary and Martha
with Christ. It reminded me of my
current goal while I'm in this stressful stage of life caring for a newborn--that
I need to choose the better part. Right
now my muddy footprint-stained kitchen floor is screaming to be swept and
mopped. My kitchen sink is crying for a
scrub. My bathroom sink faucet has
something crusty and yellow on it and the toilet is due for a cleaning. The water in the sump pump's pipe is frozen
and my basement is filling with water that can't pump out. And I let it all sit while I sit on the couch
and read a book to Annick. She's singing
songs with me while I nurse Hazel, who is clinging tightly to my finger while
she drinks. I'm grateful for these
little moments to sit still and love on my little girls.
Sisters
(The little pink dress Hazel is wearing was my dress when I was a baby.)
Too much to love here...
ReplyDelete~Annick's loving face in the first pic
~The girls nose to nose in the second pic... too much darlingness!!!
~your pure, simple, and perfect reminder of what is important, and how you gentle execute your goal...
~The fact that your basement is flooding!!!! :( And yet you are still filled with so much love, purety and goodness!
~ You could possibly be the best and most patient mother in all the world.
~The images of you three Thompson girls together. Priceless!! Thanks for sharing all that you are, and all that you do!
XOXO