We continued on with a tradition we started last year of making a gingerbread house. Adam and I got into a bit of a frosting fight at the end because we had so much left over! Now that Christmas is over we've started eating the house and it's pretty darn good for a decoration!
This is Ryan's Christmas stash. He got some cars, a recorder, and a French dictionary from us, a xylophone, bath toys, and goldfish from Santa, a train and a mug from friends, a stuffed nativity set from my aunt, and a pull frog and puzzle from Grandma and Grandpa Hatch. Ryan loved his new stuff. Favorite--GOLDFISH. He was beyond excited about those things and stuffed his face so full that he was drueling goldfish. Next favorite--train. We were a little bummed that he liked a present from a friend better than the rockin' cool cars we'd picked out! He does love the cars too, though. :) He likes to drag his pull frog around the house. Usually it's upside down and sliding on its eyeballs. Oh yes, and I can't forget the leg warmers that I made them. Let's just say he wasn't overly excited about opening them.
We made a nice Christmas dinner. We made a turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes & gravy, peas and candied yams, and I finally bucked up and made my first rolls. They were perfect. We'd invited a few different families over, but we were too late in asking and in the end had Christmas dinner by ourselves. This actually ended up being a very good thing, because we had to have our turkey dinner sans turkey... It wasn't ready until an hour after we'd eaten everything else. That would have been pretty embarrassing.We loved getting to have lots of family time together while Adam was off school. We went bowling twice, tried out a new swimming pool, cut out snowflakes, went to a museum, went to a hockey game, had some friends over, visited other friends, played in the snow, went to several Christmas parties, tried out some new recipes, drove around looking at Christmas lights, watched a few movies, Skyped a lot with our families, and played, played, played at home. It's been nice to have another quiet, non-stressful Christmas.
Hi Sarah! Remember me, the girl trombone player from USU? Well, I just happened upon your blog and thought I'd say hello. I'm so jealous you live in Nova Scotia. How beautiful!! Did you know I am in Becky's ward? It's such a small world. Anyway, you have a beautiful family. Happy New Year!
ReplyDelete