Saturday, January 9, 2010

The Deed is Done

After months of wishy washy debate over the hair issue, I finally caved in. During the Christmas break I found Adam online looking for hair cutting places 3 times. :) He even got a bit mad about the messy hair and said Ryan runs into things because he can't see. I disagree and think he only runs into things because he's too tired to walk straight (something that happens often to this kid because he refuses to take naps). However, it's so seldom that Adam gets so passionately opinionated about something that I felt I had to give in. This is my feeling on the event:


Before:

After:

The new stylin' Dude:

Ryan's new do is definitely handsome and Jessica did a great job (thanks again!). Adam is stoked to have the hair gone, and Ryan? He loves it. As soon as he saw himself in the mirror he was all smiles. He gave the same reaction each time he saw a mirror in the next 2 days. (I'm sure he'll miss shaking his head back and forth, though, and letting his hair whip around. He used to love that.)

Okay, so I admit it. I cried the next day over the fact that my little boy can genuinely NOT be called a baby anymore. :(


6 comments:

  1. oh man, I'm sorry you cried. Still friends, right?
    Ryan could not be more handsome. I was so glad to have the honors...Thank YOU.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute! This day will come and we will have to cut HUnter's hair and I will feel the same way! Great job Jessica!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet you were sad! I think his new haircut is so cute! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ryan is super cute with long or short hair! You can't go wrong either way with him.
    Looks like you guys had a fun Christmas!
    It was neat seeing Tina and Nathan in Scipio after Christmas. I wish you were there too.
    Did you hear about my dad's surgery? He had a huge tumor on his appendix, plus his gallbladder stopped working so they took out a tumor, his appendix, and his gallbladder last week. He seems to be doing well though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. He's pretty stinkin' cute both ways!

    ReplyDelete