Friday, January 22, 2010

First Patient

Two weeks ago Adam got to see his first patient--ME! I had a little cavity for him to fill. It was fun to see Adam in his element and I decided he'll make a great dentist. :) This next shot shows a rubber dam (avoid the crazy light). I HATED getting this thing on. Since I was at the school for 4 hours, I had to take 2 bathroom breaks during my appointment. Yes, I truly walked out into the hallway with this sexy green rubber covering my face. All you see of the mouth is a section of my upper teeth sticking out. FREAKY.
When Adam was almost done with everything he asked someone what time it was. They told him the time and he said, "Wow, that went by fast!" Here I am, my mouth/jaw hurting, my back aching from the chair, and my neck in a huge kink thinking, "FAST?? Are you kidding me?" Give him a few more years and he'll be able to do the filling in 10 minutes...
The next week Adam got to see me again to do a cleaning. This was only a 3 hour appt. :) I haven't had that done in almost 5 years, and it felt great to have that fresh clean feeling. Adam must be a persuasive dentist because I've actually flossed twice since then--including under my retainer. I've had this retainer for 10 years now and only flossed under it twice before this cleaning, so I've met my 10-year timeline in 1 week! A little too much info about my oral hygiene, I know...

6 comments:

  1. That's a long time, but worth it to know that your helping your own personal dentist in training!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is so exciting! Wasn't it a little funny/strange to have your husband working on you? I know I felt that way for the first time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so funny how long it takes isn't it? The first time I went in (our 2nd year) it took like 3 hours for x-rays and an exam. Glad you got to go see him!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun to have your husband as your dentist. I love getting my teeth cleaned too and it makes me happy to hear you don't floss under your retainer either. I have been trying to be better lately, but it takes too much time and I am deathly afraid of the floss getting stuck between all that stuff...Silly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow you are brave! But congrats to your hubby! Looks like he's right in his element. Your little boy is so cute! I love the new hair do! Looks like you guys are happy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh, how fun! What kind of loupes does Adam have?

    ReplyDelete