This week we went to our first Canadian hockey game! The Halifax Mooseheads played against the Screaming Eagles of Cape Breton--Hence, the Battle of Nova Scotia. The Screaming Eagles pretty much walloped the Mooseheads. We had a great time. I remember when we first moved here and saw a skate sharpening shop just down the street from our house. I wondered how such a place would stay in business, particularly in our part of town. Duh, people play hockey here! We took some Canadian friends to the game with us and talked some hockey/skating/curling talk, eh? We're seriously outnumbered here in that we don't even own our own skates!Saturday, January 2, 2010
The Battle of Nova Scotia
This week we went to our first Canadian hockey game! The Halifax Mooseheads played against the Screaming Eagles of Cape Breton--Hence, the Battle of Nova Scotia. The Screaming Eagles pretty much walloped the Mooseheads. We had a great time. I remember when we first moved here and saw a skate sharpening shop just down the street from our house. I wondered how such a place would stay in business, particularly in our part of town. Duh, people play hockey here! We took some Canadian friends to the game with us and talked some hockey/skating/curling talk, eh? We're seriously outnumbered here in that we don't even own our own skates!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
looks like fun! You'll have to let me know how much you found the tickets for. I love all of the Christmas photos below!
ReplyDeleteSarah, they sell used skates at the rink up by us for pretty cheap..like $10-15 per pair. Glad you went to a game, they're super fun eh? LOL
ReplyDelete